Facility Maintenance Technician
Posted on: November 11, 2019
The Facility Maintenance Technician is responsible for promptly and
safely performing repairs and preventative maintenance on a wide
variety of building and facility equipment, fixtures and systems.
Install, troubleshoot, and maintain a wide variety of facility
plumbing, mechanical, electrical, heating and cooling systems.
Conducts preventative maintenance inspections and performs required
preventative maintenance duties. Assignments are semi-routine in
nature. All tasks will be performed while supporting the policies,
goals and objectives of Penske Logistics.
- Complete daily equipment rounds and make repairs as
- Performs basic repairs on plumbing, electrical and mechanical
systems. Contacts vendors as necessary.
- Participate in Safety Committee meetings, ensuring a safe work
environment for all employees.
- Perform work order repairs, inspections and adjustments.
- Support operations department by providing suggestions and
developing solutions as needed.
- Be a point of contact during off shift hours for facilities
- 2 years of facilities/general maintenance experience
- High School Diploma required.
- Ability to troubleshoot and make repairs on basic plumbing,
electrical and mechanical systems.
- Ability to read and interpret manuals, documents, and
- A positive, customer service oriented attitude.
- Self-starter who demonstrates professionalism and can work
- Flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business.
- Requires walking, standing, squatting, bending and kneeling
with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 50
- OSHA and safety training certifications preferred.
- Must have basic hand tools.
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function
of the job.
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule,
work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment
application, submit to a background investigation (to include past
employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are
- The physical and mental demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an associate to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The associate
will be required to remember and understand certain instructions,
guidelines or other information. The associate must be able to see
and verbally communicate. Specific vision abilities required by
this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision,
depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate will be
required to move frequently, stand, walk, and sit. The associate is
frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to
reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to regularly
lift and/or move up to 50lbs/23kg and occasionally lift and/or move
up to 100lbs/45kg.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Penske Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Truck
Leasing. With operations in North America, South America, Europe
and Asia, Penske Logistics provides supply chain management and
logistics services to leading companies around the world. Penske
Logistics delivers value through its design, planning and execution
in transportation, warehousing and freight management. Visit
www.PenskeLogistics.com to learn more.
Keywords: Penske, Detroit , Facility Maintenance Technician, Professions , Romulus, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!