Operations Agent Air Export
Company: EMO Trans, Inc.
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Operations Agent Air Export
EMO Trans, Inc., a multinational, dynamic freight logistics company
with approximately 400 employees and growing, has international
offices, as well as offices in key US cities. Established in 1965,
EMO Trans has grown to more than 30 U.S. offices and 250 network
locations in over 120 countries around the world.
The Operations Agent Export is responsible for the handling of all
air export files, including following the compliance guidelines
that are in place, preparing quotes, and customer service.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Enthusiastic, positive, and internally driven with a sense of
urgency and whatever-it-takes attitude.
- Commitment to excellent customer service, in support of both
external and internal customers, utilizing effective communication
and follow-up skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a cross-functional team
environment at all levels of the organization, or work
independently with little or no supervision, to achieve
- Effective interpersonal skills that result in loyal, long-term
- Practical problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Ability to work under time constraints using time management
and organization skills, adjusting priorities based on workload or
direction from customer or management.
- Handle day-to-day air and ocean export shipments.
- Prepare quotes for customers and agents; negotiate rates with
carriers; coordinate shipping arrangements.
- Pre-alert agent and shipper; organize and prepare documentation
for customers; follow up with steamship lines; maintain daily
reports for pending shipments as required.
- Ensure all required documents are received; send final
documents as needed.
- File AES and other required documentation to process export
- Arrange pick-ups, deliveries and container loading as
- Maintain customer service updates, including tracking cargo
from origin to the final destination.
- Handle foreign-to-foreign and cross-trade shipments.
- Set up billing and payables.
- Support and maintain the Quality System (ISO) by working
closely with management, sales and/or operations to ensure goals
and objectives are met with regard to the function(s) of this
- Ensure adherence to procedures for any issues of
non-conformance that could or do directly affect the success of the
- Other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of freight forwarding with focus on air and ocean
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office, with proficiency in
Excel, Word and Outlook; freight forwarding software.
- 1-3 years experience in international logistics
- 2 -3 years customer service experience.
- Minimum high school diploma or GED.
- Candidates must be legally eligible to work in the US.
- Medical-including Health Savings Account and Health
- Dental plan
- Life & AD&D
- Long Term Disability
- Company matching 401(k) and Roth K Plans
- Two weeks vacation, sick and personal time, floating
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
EMO Trans Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No employee or
applicant for employment will be discriminated against because of
race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, disability,
marital status, veterans status or the presence of non-job related
medical condition or disability or any other legally prohibited
statute in compliance with Federal and State equal employment
Apply Online Below
Keywords: EMO Trans, Inc., Detroit , Operations Agent Air Export, Sales , Detroit, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!