Operations Agent Air Import
Company: EMO Trans, Inc.
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Operations Agent Air Import
EMO Trans, Inc., a multinational, dynamic freight logistics company
with approximately 400 employees and growing, has international
offices, as well as offices in key US cities. Established in 1965,
EMO Trans has grown to more than 30 U.S. offices and 250 network
locations in over 120 countries around the world.
The Air Import Agent oversees all aspects of the customer s
request, including communication with the office/agent, customs,
and the client. The agent ensures exceptional follow-up of air
import shipments and thorough internal and external communication
regarding any delays. The Air Import Agent reports to the Air
Import Manager and collaborates with the Manager and other Air
Import staff to fulfill this responsibility.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prepare quotes for customers and agents using our Quotation
system; negotiate rates with carriers; coordinate shipping
- Coordinate and arrange freight shipments with our Overseas and
US agents and partners.
- Receive pre-alerts, break down documents, set up files; review
documents to confirm parties, incoterms, etc.
- Check status with airlines on all shipments.
- Send shipment details to the customer; maintain customer
- Organize and prepare documentation to provide to CBH for
- Dispatch trucker: arrange delivery to customer
- Notify Warehouse for bond transfer (where applicable).
- Check PODs and charges.
- Bill shipment(s) to customer promptly or forward, along with
necessary back up, to the Billing Department by required time
- Support and maintain the Quality System (ISO) by working
closely with management, sales, and/or operations to ensure goals
and objectives are met with regard to the function(s) of this
- Ensure adherence to procedures for any issues of
non-conformance that could or do directly affect the success of the
- Other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of freight forwarding with a focus on air import
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication
skills; able to professionally communicate with Customers, Agents,
- Commitment to customer service and ability to work in a
- Good working knowledge Microsoft Office, with proficiency in
Excel, Word and Outlook; freight forwarding software.
- Enthusiastic, positive, and internally driven with a sense of
urgency and whatever-it-takes attitude.
- Ability to work effectively in a cross-functional team
environment at all levels of the organization, or work
independently with little or no supervision, to achieve
- Effective interpersonal skills that result in loyal, long-term
- Practical problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Ability to work under time constraints using time management
and organization skills, adjusting priorities based on workload or
direction from customer or management.
- 1-3 years experience in international logistics
- 2 -3 years customer service experience.
- Minimum high school diploma or GED.
- Candidates must be legally eligible to work in the US.
- Medical-including Health Savings Account and Health
- Dental plan
- Life & AD&D
- Long Term Disability
- Company matching 401(k) and Roth K Plans
- Two weeks vacation, sick and personal time, floating
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
EMO Trans Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No employee or
applicant for employment will be discriminated against because of
race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, disability,
marital status, veterans status or the presence of non-job related
medical condition or disability or any other legally prohibited
statute in compliance with Federal and State equal employment
Apply Online Below
Keywords: EMO Trans, Inc., Detroit , Operations Agent Air Import, Sales , Detroit, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!