GSI Alliance Sales Director
Company: Canonical - Jobs
Posted on: September 24, 2022
What is Canonical?
Canonical is a growing international software company that works
with the open-source community to deliver Ubuntu, "the world's best
free software platform". Our mission is to realise the potential of
free software in the lives of individuals and organisations. Our
services are helping individuals and businesses worldwide to reduce
costs, improve efficiency and enhance security with Ubuntu.
Global System Integrators (GSI) play a crucial role in Canonical
growth plans in the coming 3 years.
Reporting to the VP Global Alliances and Channels, the GSI Alliance
Director will be responsible for helping partners to thrive and
grow their business with Canonical solutions and services.
Our Alliance Director will work closely with Canonical GSI partners
throughout their sales cycles and across their sales organizations
to facilitate ubuntu based solutions and opportunities, as well as
help GSI build long term digital transformation platforms with
ubuntu stacks and services.
Our GSI Sales Director is responsible for building trusted
relationships with partners, increase Canonical market share and
attach rate, evangelize about the partnership and lead all business
interactions from engineers to CxO level. The GSI Sales Director
will own the strategy, the sell-to, sell-through and sell-with
motions with the GSI and will animate many customer workshops,
sales event, public presentations and executive engagements.
As a GSI Alliance Sales Director you will:
- Build strategic relationships with partners at levels, and
stickiness with Ubuntu technology
- Deep understanding of linux and cloud software ecosystem, and
opensource selling models
- Negotiate contracts and commercial business terms
- Deep understanding of partner organizations and sales models,
in particular with Global System Integrators
- Work closely with marketing, sales engineering and product
management to deliver on targets, objectives and provide a voice of
- Lead executive interlocks between partners and Canonical
- Ability to travel - sometimes internationally - up to 40% of
The successful GSI Alliance Sales Director will have :
- Extensive experience in alliance or indirect sales management
- Autonomous, disciplined, hands-on, get-it-done mentality
- Ability to capture customer requirements, evaluate gaps,
identify and create opportunities
- Passionate about Ubuntu products and mission
- Comfortable in fast-paced and high pressure environments with
ambitious achievement goals
- Extensive experience with OpenStack, virtualization, containers
and other Cloud technologies.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
What Canonical Offers:
- Learning and Development
- Annual Compensation Review
- Recognition Rewards
- Annual Leave
- Priority Pass for travel
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination.
Diversity of experience, perspectives, and background create a
better work environment and better products. Whatever your identity
we will give your application fair consideration.
Keywords: Canonical - Jobs, Detroit , GSI Alliance Sales Director, Sales , Detroit, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!