Director of Sales (Energy Efficiency)
Company: Gables Search Group
Posted on: November 26, 2022
As one of the fastest growing firms in the energy waste
reduction movement, we provide wholistic residential and commercial
program management solutions for utility and municipal clients
throughout the country. We are looking for a Director of Sales to
support our growth initiatives.
As the Director of Sales, they will support the VP of Sales in the
planning, development, implementation, and maintenance of the
organization's business development. As a critical role in the
organization, the Director of Sales will designing strategic sales
plans, and assessing costs and competition. In addition to being an
excellent communicator, our ideal candidate will also demonstrate
exceptional negotiation and leadership skills.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serve as an advisor to the business leaders and influence their
thinking and approach, including influencing strategic decision
making from an enterprise point of view, through externally
- Utilizes knowledge of competitors to identify opportunities for
- Present to internal and external Executive Management
- Designing and implementing strategic plans to reach sales
- Establishing a sales training program to train new
- Collaborate with other departments on developing Requests for
Proposals (RFPs), Requests for Quotes (RFQs), ID/IQ Task Orders,
and Requests for Information (RFIs).
- Highly effective relationship building and development across
all levels of internal and external customers.
- Developing and promoting weekly, monthly, and quarterly sales
- Assessing costs, competition, and supply and demand to identify
- Work closely with the Strategy Department, and develop original
content and/or edits relevant materials to create proposal
components that have a cohesive written voice, and that clearly
articulate both the sales messaging and technical detail of our
- Responsible for thoroughly understanding the full array of our
products and services in order to fully and effectively represent
us to our clients or potential clients during the sales
- Estimating sales volume and profit for current and new
- Attend industry events on the company's behalf. QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent experience) in business
- Six Sigma green belt preferred.
- 5 years' experience in energy efficiency, demand side
management (DSM) or similar. A solid knowledge of energy efficiency
technologies and practices, required.
- 5 years of leadership or management experience required.
- In-depth knowledge of marketing techniques and best
- Creative approaches to problem solving, opportunity assessment
and strategy development.
- Strong business acumen and analytical skills. Knowledge of
financial reporting preferred.
- Excellent negotiation and leadership skills.
- Experience in a commercial proposal writing/development
capacity in a fast-paced, dynamic corporate environment.
- Knowledge of national, regional and local energy efficiency
- Experience in marketing campaigns, preparation of proposal
packets, ability to research energy efficiency needs for the
- Highly-polished communication skills-written and oral.
- Strong detail orientation, analytical and general business
- Demonstrated ability to meet tight deadlines, and flexibility
to change priorities.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Word,
PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, Visio).
- Experience with working with Customer Relationship Management
- Ability to work well independently, manage time effectively,
and be self directed.
- Proven ability to work closely with a diverse group of sales
and technical experts.
- Ability to travel 30%-40%.
- Ability to pass company vetting requirements.
Keywords: Gables Search Group, Detroit , Director of Sales (Energy Efficiency), Sales , Detroit, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!