Posted on: February 12, 2024
Tenneco is one of the world's leading designer, manufacturers
and marketers of automotive products for original equipment and
aftermarket customers, with approximately 78.000 team members
working at more than 300 sites worldwide. Through our four business
groups, Motorparts, Ride Performance, Clean Air and Powertrain,
Tenneco is driving advancements in global mobility by delivering
technology solutions for diversified global markets, including
light vehicle, commercial truck, off-highway, industrial,
motorsport and the aftermarket.
Director of Sales is responsible for coordinating and directing the
activities of the respective Sales team and leading the sales
function for a group of Light Vehicle Customers. Technically savvy
enough to understand potential value propositions and ensure our
proposals are differentiated from our competitors. Sufficient level
of automotive expertise or experience along with business/financial
understanding. Identify and implement strategies that will grow our
market share at our targeted customers and management of margins
via commercial actions.
- Identify and implement strategies that will support Tenneco and
- Determine whether appropriate resources are available to
support the stated goals and objective and Identify
training/development needs of the team to be successful and take
appropriate steps to address these needs.
- Manage customers and new business capture to support attainment
of the business plan.
- Manage customer profitability through the quotation process and
commercial actions in order to achieve the stated margin targets of
- Direct the business planning process to ensure consistency
between the commercial goals and the technical & operational
- Develop and monitor performance measures to evaluate internal
and external customers satisfaction related to sales activities and
- Create and implement strategies in response to customer cost
- Support development of a vision/direction for the future,
consistent with the overall corporate business objectives and
- Provide input to the Technology and Manufacturing groups to
enable them to focus their resources to develop marketable
- Develop relationships with executive purchasing and engineering
levels at strategic customers.
- Promote development of team to achieve individual career goals,
leading to employee motivation and overall success of team.
- Develop business practices to be used by the group personnel,
consistent with quality requirements.
Bachelor's degree required. Engineering or Business degree
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
8+ years of experience working directly with OE accounts or
Master's degree with 5 or more years of working directly with OE
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated
against on the basis of disability.
Keywords: Tenneco, Detroit , Sales Director, Sales , Plymouth, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!